Tuesday 22 May 2007

The £12k

Back in the good old days of the £12k I climbed aboard the multi table train in search of the promised land. Qualifying as a massive short stack with only 410 chips and an Ante level of 100, I was pleased to see two idiots go all in with each other AA v KK, when waiting 4 hands would have seen me out. However I shall not complain as this was the beginning of something beautiful.

Winning a few early hands, I managed to buil up a solid stack. I was then to receive AA so raised it a bit only to get called by big blind. Middle comes 669. He pushes all in, which I call as I can feel an ace on the horizon. Over he turns K6. The ace did come on the river giving me a full house. Nice double up before the first break. Not much happened until the final table, when people continued to lose pushing me up the prize money. I managed to get KK and double up to about 40k chips. Eventually it was heads up, to which I was a massive short stack. Battling back to a 50/50 split of chips I was dealt K3. The flop comes down 782. Both check it round. Turn is a K. I check he bets I call. over comes 7. Im all in. He calls and turns over K7. Full house and game over. Oh well for a 3rd outing in the competiton. I was pleased and now look forward to playing the $20k

No comments: