Tuesday 22 May 2007

$20k 22nd May 2007

A 3rd cash in 3 $20k entries kept me happy. After qualifying for the tourny twice through the day, it felt as though Littlewoods were paying me to play!!

Great start, 8 minutes in I receive QQ in the cut off. Get a raise before me to 100, i reraise to 460, not keen on seeing a A or K flop. Flop 8 9 10. Initial raiser checks, I bet in for 500. He calls, hmmmm. turn 5, he again checks, i push all in for about 1500 as I think he may be holding JJ (my mate Chr201034 put him on AJ) and dont want him to hit. He calls, with AJ, misses. Up to 5100. Niceeee. My high of the first hour was 6800 but somehow ended it on 4800, which didnt please me much. However by the second break im up to 13k and comfortable, just by picking up the pots here and there, no real all in situations which pleased me. With the bubble approaching with 33 left, I get Aj in BB, and as he had been doing all night, mtteater produced a minimum raise on the button, SB calls, and I called. Flop A 2 5. Small blind leads with 3k, I raise to 9k, mtteater folds suprisingly. SB calls, turn 9, he pushes all in for 9k, if i call ill be left with 5k, but the pot was huge and there was something fishy about his play. After a while I call, he turns over A3, and misses river. Up to 32k. Nothing much happened until we reached final table, where I was 9th on 21k, having lost to the blinds. Within about 15 mins, we were down to 8. I get 99, and excitingly move in to be called by a shorter stack with AKd. 2 diamonds on flop worries me, but he doesnt improve. Up to 50k and feeling more comfortable. A few more got knocked out and with 4 left, I get JJ SB, and the button raises. I push and he calls with A9 but doesnt improve. 120k. Then down to 3. Again JJ, again same person same button raise. I push. He ponders for a whilem before calling with KQo. Flop and turn bring 3 hearts, I have Jh, he doesnt have any. 4 outs. River Qs. Ouchhhhhhhhhh. 3rd for $2230. Not bad for my 3rd attempt in the tourny, with the previous two cashing at 28th

1 comment:

Chr201034 said...

Chr201034 here,

Last night was a great night for poker. deno20 truely deserved the money he won, with some great tactical moves when he needed to with small pocket pairs. The early move with QQ helped to set the tournament rolling for deno20, with myself and deno20 putting him on AJ/JJ respectively it was an easy double up. Later on the moves with small pockets helped to bring him up to speed, timing it to perfection with each move and folding them at any sign of strength from else where. In the end the JJ got the better of him, even tho I had suggested the fold as he was due a 50/50 loss, yet 3rd place is a solid finish. Here's to the next big win